Creamy Garlic, Cannellini Bean & Escarole Soup with Parmesan
Creamy and delicious, this hearty soup is flavorful with the sautéed garlic and added escarole. Serve with some crusty French bread to dip into the soup.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 medium carrot,diced
- 1/2 large white onion, diced
- 1 can cannellini (white Italian kidney) beans, rinsed
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 cups reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1 head escarole, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat. Coat the bottom of the pan with oil.
Crush garlic and add to oil. Stir 3-4 minutes. Remove garlic and set aside.
Add carrot and onion and saute 5 minutes.
Finely chop reserved garlic and return to the pot
Add Cannellini beans. Slowly pour in the half and half and stir.
Next add the vegetable broth and escarole and stir.
Season with salt and pepper
Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes
Ladle into bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- Escarole Soup 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Microwave Divinity 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- Pasta with Bacon and Brie 4.2/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken & Okra Gumbo 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Pineapple Cobbler 4.2/5 (16 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P2/3) Cabbage Soup 4/5 (22 Votes)
- Cinnamon Roll Muffins 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach... 4.1/5 (24 Votes)