Cinnamon Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious spiced zucchini cake topped with thick cream cheese frosting sprinkled with optional cinnamon sugar.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce)) package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Preparation time 12mins
Cooking time 52mins
Adapted from sixsistersstuff.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Beat eggs, vegetable oil, applesauce, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla together in a large bowl.
Add in flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg and mix well.
Fold in zucchini and stir until completely mixed in.
Pour batter into prepared 9x13-inch pan.
Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
While the cake cools, mix together frosting ingredients and spread over the top of the cake.
If desired, sprinkle the top of the cake with cinnamon and sugar.
You'll also love
- Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins 4.1/5 (80 Votes)
- Patriotic Berry Trifle 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cake 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Mini Key Lime Pies 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Southern Green Beans and New... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon & Egg Sandwiches with... 4.6/5 (27 Votes)
- Chocolate Hazelnut Sandwich Cookies 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake 4.7/5 (21 Votes)