Zucchini & Olive Oil Cake
Olive oil cake is the rich but subtle dessert you've been looking for! You're friends and family will love it as a special treat after family dinner or even to bring to a potluck!
- 2 1/2 cups unpeeled zucchini, coarsely shredded
- 2 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup Arbequina olive oil or other extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package cream cheese frosting
- Fresh figs and olive leaves, optional
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 120mins
Adapted from bhg.com
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour three 8-inch round baking pans; set aside. Spread shredded zucchini on a plate. Blot dry with paper towels.
In a large mixing bowl whisk together sugar and oil. Add eggs, almond milk, and vanilla; whisk to combine. Add flour, baking powder, and 1 teaspoon kosher salt; whisk to combine. Stir in zucchini. Pour into prepared pans (2 cups per pan). Bake 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving platter. Frost top lightly with some of the Cream Cheese Frosting. Repeat with cake layers and frosting. Frost tops and sides with remaining frosting. Garnish with fresh figs and olive leaves.
You'll also love
- Creole Redfish Court-bouillon 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- CHERRY FLAVORED FROSTING MIX 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Italian 7-Layer Dip 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Iron-Skillet Cornbread 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Cornmeal Pancakes 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Zucchini Noodle Pad Thai 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash with... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)
- Paleo Orange Vanilla Crescent... 4.8/5 (5 Votes)