Irish Beef Stew
Feeling cold? Warm up your insides with a flavorful, hot bowl of this hearty Irish beef stew and side of crusty bread. Serve this on its own or over a heaping pile of mashed potatoes for a hearty dish that is sure to please the whole family. Loaded with vegetables this recipe is a great way to sneak nutrients into your family's diet all while utilizing your slow-cooker.
- 2-pounds extra lean beef stew meat
- 1/2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon organic honey
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1/2 turnip, diced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 4 cups organic beef broth
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup peas
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from facebook.com
In a large skillet, brown meat in hot oil. When finished, put meat in a slow-cooker.
Pour stock into a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
Add the celery, garlic, and onions, then cook for 2 minutes.
Pour beef stock and vegetables into slow-cooker. Add herbs and honey, then cover and cook on low heat, do not boil, for 4 to 8 hours. Remove bay leaf before serving.
You'll also love
- Chocolate Custard Cake 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Mongolian Beef 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Schweinebraten – German Pork... 4.2/5 (18 Votes)
- K's Roasted Brussel Sprouts 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Cabbage/Potato and German Sausage... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Pasta Salad 4.5/5 (15 Votes)
- Roast Pork Shoulder - GOYA®... 3.9/5 (55 Votes)