Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Speed up the cooking time with this Pressure Cooker Beef Stroganoff. Full-flavored and rich with beef, white wine, and Neufchatel cheese, this will be a new favorite.
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef chuck, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1 pound whole white button mushrooms
- 3 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup Neufchatel cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 12 ounces whole wheat egg noodles
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
Toss the beef with 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a pressure cooker over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned on all sides, about 4 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions soften and begin to brown, about 4 minutes. Add the white wine, mustard and flour, bring to a simmer and cook until reduced by half, about 2 minutes. Add the beef broth, mushrooms, carrots and celery.
Secure the pressure cooker lid and bring to high pressure over medium heat. Once at high pressure, cook for 18 minutes. Remove from the heat and, using the quick-release valve, carefully open. Stir in the Neufchatel, parsley and salt and pepper to taste.
Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil and cook the egg noodles according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
Divide the noodles and beef stroganoff evenly among 6 serving bowls.