Skillet Green Bean Casserole
This yummy Skillet Green Bean Casserole recipe is made easy by combining everything in a skillet and using the stove top and broiler instead of baking.
- 1 pound haricots verts (French green beans)
- 2 (1-ounce) slices whole-wheat bread
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 1/2 ounces Parmesan cheese (about 6 tablespoons), grated and divided
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 4 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock (such as Swanson)
- 1/2 cup 2% reduced-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from cookinglight.com
Preheat broiler to high.
Cook beans in a large saucepan filled with boiling water 3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Plunge beans into ice water; drain well.
Place bread in a food processor; pulse until coarse crumbs form. Stir in parsley, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, and 2 tablespoons cheese.
Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a 10-inch cast-iron skillet over medium. Add onion and mushrooms; sauté 8 minutes. Stir in flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in stock, milk, and sherry. Bring to a simmer; cook 3 minutes. Remove pan from heat; stir in remaining 4 tablespoons cheese, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Add beans to pan; toss to coat. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumb mixture. Broil 2 minutes.
You'll also love
- Pita Bread Salad with Tomatoes and... 4/5 (9 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Creamy Beef Stroganoff 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Tuna Noodle Casserole with Potato... 4/5 (8 Votes)
- Banana & Kiwi Muffins 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Fennel Onion Tart 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Basic Thanksgiving Dressing 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Southern Style Turnip Greens 4.2/5 (6 Votes)
- Bacon & Balsamic Glazed Sugar Snap... 4.2/5 (6 Votes)