Banana & Kiwi Muffins
These are moist and yummy, not too sweet - perfect for breakfast or a light snack. Makes 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins.
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup sugar (use 3/4 cup if your bananas are not ripe enough and kiwis are tart)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- 3/4 cup low-fat plain yogurt, plain or vanilla
- 6 tablespoons skim milk, or buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed
- 3 ripe kiwi, chopped into small cubes
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from food.com
Combine the first 6 ingredients (dry) in a large mixing bowl; set aside.
Mix yogurt, milk, oil, egg, vanilla and mashed bananas together in a smaller bowl until well-combined (wet).
Add wet mixture to the dry mixture, mix until just combined (do not overmix) - lumps are ok.
Now stir in chopped kiwi gently; you may also add chopped nuts if you like.
Bake in a pre-heated oven at 375°F or 180°C for 25 to 30mins (mini muffins take about 20 minutes).
Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then remove and cool thoroughly on wire rack.
You'll also love
- Artichokes with Lemon Garlic... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- One Pan Cheesy Chicken and... 4/5 (7 Votes)
- New York Cinnamon-Raisin Bagels 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Crustless Spinach Cheese Quiche 3.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Potato Fennel Onion Tart 3.7/5 (7 Votes)
- Banana Split Mini Bites 4.1/5 (8 Votes)
- Cinnamon Sugar Pumpkin Bread with... 3.8/5 (53 Votes)
- South Beach Phase One Friendly Egg... 3.6/5 (41 Votes)