Make-Ahead Chicken & Green Bean Casserole
This casserole combines just about everything we like in one dish: tender chicken, fresh green beans, creamy mushrooms—and make-ahead convenience!
- 1 package (6-ounces) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (1-1/2 pound)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed, cut into 1-inch lengths
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1-3/4 cups fat-free reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 ounces (1/2 of 8-ounces package) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, cubed
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 80mins
Adapted from kraftrecipes.com
Prepare stuffing as directed on package.
Meanwhile, melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; sprinkle with pepper. Cook 5 min. on each side or until chicken is done (165ºF); transfer to 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.
Cook and stir beans, mushrooms and onions in same skillet 6 to 8 min. or until beans and onions are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir 1 min. Stir in broth; simmer 3 min. or until thickened, stirring frequently. Add cream cheese; cook and stir 2 to 3 min. or until melted. Spoon over chicken; top with stuffing. Refrigerate up to 24 hours.
Heat oven to 400ºF. Bake casserole (uncovered) 30 min. or until heated through.
You'll also love
- Bavarian Zwetschgendatschi –... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Sugar Snap Pea & Carrot Soba... 4/5 (6 Votes)
- Roasted Beet Crostini 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Bacon & Balsamic Glazed Sugar Snap... 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Roast Cornish Hen with Vegetables 4/5 (5 Votes)
- Smoked Beer-Can Turkey 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Grand-Mère Oyster Dressing 4/5 (4 Votes)
- Cranberry Sauce with Bourbon & Mint 4/5 (3 Votes)