Bacon & Balsamic Glazed Sugar Snap Peas
This easy side dish is a great compliment to any meal. Even the picky eaters will devour this vegetable side. Bacon and balsamic vinegar combine with Splenda to give a sweet and tart finish with a gourmet look.
- 1/4 pound bacon, minced
- 1 1/2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon splenda
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 15mins
Cook the minced bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until the fat has rendered out and the bacon has begun to crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the skillet.
Add the sugar snap peas, and mix to coat with the fat. Continue stirring until just cooked through (about 5 minutes)
Pour in the balsamic vinegar, splenda, and cooked bacon. Continue cooking until the balsamic has reduced, and the splenda has dissolved (about 2 minutes.)
Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Fried Artichoke Hearts with Aioli... 4.3/5 (7 Votes)
- Broccoli Salad 3.9/5 (7 Votes)
- Mom's Molasses Applesauce Cookies 4.1/5 (17 Votes)
- The Best Nachos 4/5 (21 Votes)
- Garlic Herb Stuffed Pork Chops 4/5 (14 Votes)
- Korean Beef Lettuce Wraps 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Miami Black Bean Soup 4.1/5 (7 Votes)
- Lima Bean and Sweet Pepper Gratin 4.1/5 (7 Votes)