Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints
Raspberry Almond Shortbread Thumbprints are delicious shortbread cookies filled with raspberry jam.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 teaspoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons almond extract
Preparation time 60mins
Cooking time 90mins
Combine butter, sugar and almond extract in large mixer bowl. Beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy (2-3 minutes). Add flour. Reduce speed to low; beat until well mixed (2-3 minutes). Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
Heat oven to 350°F. Shape dough into 1" balls. Place 2" apart on engrossed cookie sheets. Make indentation in center of each cookie with thumb (edges may crack slightly). Fill each indentation with about 1/4 teaspoon jam.
Bake for 14-18 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Let stand 1 minute, remove from cookie sheet. Cool completely.
Meanwhile, stir together last 3 ingredients in small bowl with wire whisk until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies.
You'll also love
- Sloppy Joe Nachos 4.5/5 (74 Votes)
- Smashed Potato Cakes 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Olive Garden's House Salad 4.3/5 (93 Votes)
- Pineapple Scones 4/5 (138 Votes)
- Blueberry Vanilla Yogurt Popsicles 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Caramel Crescent Snickerdoodles 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Jello Shots 3.9/5 (123 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Yogurt Cake 4.6/5 (59 Votes)