Sloppy Joe Nachos
If you love sloppy joe sandwiches these delicious nachos are perfect for you. I can’t believe I never thought of this idea before but when I came across it on Serious Eats I knew I had to give it a try. These amazing nachos are loaded with homemade sloppy joe meat and warmed queso dip. If you would prefer you can load these up with additional ingredients. Some good ideas would be to add chopped green pepper and onion to the meat mixture. If you are looking for ideas for your game day party, these nachos make an excellent choice for an appetizer. The nachos are super easy to prepare and take very little time. Chances are you already have a lot of the ingredients for the meat mixture on hand. Enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 jar queso dip
- 1 (16-ounce) bag tortilla chips
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Heat canola oil in a medium sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, salt and pepper. Break apart the meat while cooking into small chunks with a spatula. Cook the ground beef until fully cooked (about 6 to 7 minutes). Remove the pan from the heat. Drain off any excess fat. Stir in ketchup, mustard, and brown sugar into the ground beef. Warm the meat over medium-high heat for a couple of minutes until the beef is combined with the sauce.
Pour queso dip into a microwave-safe dish, and heat in the microwave until warm. Layer a plate with the tortilla chips, spoon the warm sloppy joe meat mixture over the chips, drizzle the warmed queso dip over the chips and meat.
You'll also love
- Olive Garden's House Salad 4.3/5 (85 Votes)
- Pineapple Scones 4.1/5 (104 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside Down Jello Shots 4.1/5 (100 Votes)
- Awesome Slow Cooker Buffalo Wings 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- The Ultimate Thanksgiving Leftover... 4.4/5 (72 Votes)
- Batter Fried Mushrooms 4.2/5 (93 Votes)
- Evelyn's Baked Brie 4.5/5 (63 Votes)
- Loaded Totchos 4.3/5 (56 Votes)