These are very simple cookies to make and they have the right balance of ginger and sweetness. These cookies are very good, just plain. I absolutely LOVED the raspberry jam combo! These cookies are excellent with a cup of hot tea-- very comforting and special.
I found this recipe in Martha Stewart's Cookie Book, and I shall make it again.
To see how these are made, please visit:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 cup raspberry jam with seeds
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Heat oven to 375°F with one rack positioned in center of oven; line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, shortening, and 1 cup sugar on medium speed. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and ginger.
Add maple syrup to butter mixture; beat to combine. Beat in egg until well combined. Reduce mixer speed to low; slowly add the reserved flour mixture, a little at a time, until well blended.
Place remaining cup sugar in a bowl. Measure 2 teaspoons dough; roll into a ball. Roll dough in sugar; transfer to sheet. Repeat, spacing balls 3 inches apart. Bake until golden, about 12 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool. Form and bake the remaining dough.
Spread about 2 teaspoons jam over half of the cookies; place a second cookie on top of jam-covered ones, making sandwiches. Serve.
You'll also love
- Soft Gingerbread Cookies 4.6/5 (34 Votes)
- Lemon Meringue Pie, Traditional... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Cauliflower with Bacon & Mushrooms 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Jalapeño Scalloped Potatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Ann Curry's Homemade Cranberry... 4.3/5 (3 Votes)
- Carrot Cranberry Oatmeal Stout... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Raspberry Jelly Roll 5/5 (1 Votes)