Lemon Salmon - Instant Pot
I love simple recipes that can made with little effort. This Instant Pot Lemon Salmon is one of those delicious dishes! Serve with your favorite veggie and rice.
- 3 to 4 wild sockeye salmon fillets (the largest one was about 1″ thick)
- 2 lemons, juice one and slice the other one
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Nanami Togarashi (assorted chili pepper)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 cup water
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from lemonlavenderlove.com
Season the salmon with the lemon juice, Nanami Togarashi, sea salt, and pepper.
Insert the stainless steel steam rack that comes with your Instant Pot to the bottom of the pot with the handles up.
Place the salmon fillets on the steam rack in a single layer (or silicone steamer ). Ours slightly overlapped but didn’t impact the look or taste when they finished cooking.
Pour any leftover lemon juice and seasoning over the fillets.
Add 1 cup of water to the pot, carefully avoiding washing away the seasoning off the salmon fillets.
Cover and lock the lid.
Select “Manual” mode and press the “-” button until it reads 5 minutes. Also make sure to set the top knob to “Sealing” and not “Venting”. You’ll want to reduce the time by 1 minutes for every 1/4-inch smaller than 1-inch or increase the time by 1 minute for every 1/4-inch larger than 1-inch. For example a 3/4-inch salmon fillet will cook for 4 minutes while a 1 1/2-inch salmon fillet will cook for 7 minutes. Cooking time adapted from Frieda Loves Bread.
The Instant Pot will beep at you when it finishes cooking the salmon.
To avoid over-cooking, do a quick release.
You'll also love
- Cauliflower Fritters 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- French Apple Cake 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Banana Rum Cake with Captain... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Coconut Shrimp 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Cucumber Lime Dip 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Latin Fried Chicken 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Chicken Scallopini 4.4/5 (12 Votes)