Baked Parmesan Tilapia
Baked tilapia with a cheesey breadcrumb crust has the perfect blend of spices and is moist and delicious. Use this recipe for any whitefish, just adjust the cooking time based on the thickness of the fish.
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 ⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 ⁄3 to 3⁄4 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 ⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon parsley
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 40mins
Spray large baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place beaten eggs in a shallow dish. Stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Stir until well-combined.
In a separate shallow dish, stir together breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and the herbs and spices. Mix well.
Dip each fillet into the egg mixture and coat both sides. Let excess drip off, then dip into breadcrumb cheese mixture to coat both sides.
Place coated fillets in prepared baking pan. Bake, uncovered at 400°F for 20 to 30 minutes or until fish is white and flaky inside.
You'll also love
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Southern Shrimp & Grits 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- The Absolute BEST Crockpot Beef... 4.2/5 (108 Votes)
- Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon... 4.4/5 (88 Votes)
- Jello Shot Cake 4.3/5 (110 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 4.3/5 (120 Votes)
- Vegetarian: Baked Portobello... 4.6/5 (52 Votes)