Homemade Raffaello (Coconut Balls)
- 125 ml or 1/2 cup water
- 250 g/9 oz butter or margarine
- 400 g/14 oz sugar
- 400 g/14 oz powdered milk
- 250 g/9 oz dried shredded coconut
- 100 g/4 oz toasted almonds or hazelnuts
Combine water, butter/margarine (margarine might work better because it has a less distinct flavor) and sugar in a pot and boil.
Turn off the heat, add the powdered milk and 200 g coconut (leave 50 g/2 oz for decoration) and stir them in.
If there are any lumps left, use a handheld mixer to break them. Leave in the refrigerator to cool.
Roll 1 inch balls with your palms, placing an almond in the center of each ball, and then roll the balls in leftover shredded coconut.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Okra Gumbo 4.2/5 (15 Votes)
- Blue Cheese,Pesto & Mushroom... 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Banana Fritters (Southern Food) 4.3/5 (14 Votes)
- Georgia Peach Martini 4.1/5 (26 Votes)
- Pineapple Upside-Down Cake/Coconut... 3.8/5 (45 Votes)
- Homemade Raffaello Coconut Balls #2 4.3/5 (10 Votes)
- No Bake Munchkins / Chocolate... 3.9/5 (55 Votes)