Chicken, Whole - Instant Pot
Be careful when transferring this chicken from the cooker; it will be so tender that the wings and legs may fall off! One of our family's favorite chicken dishes, soon to be yours too if you try it. Enjoy!
- 1 whole chicken, about 4 pounds
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from mommypotamus.com
Combine the dry seasonings in a small bowl.
Turn on the sauté setting and add in the coconut oil. When the oil heats up, place the chicken in breast-down and brown. I move mine around a few times to brown the sides as well.
When the chicken is nice and brown, turn it over and sprinkle with seasoning mix and add the broth.
Securely lock the pressure cooker's lid and set for 25 minutes on HIGH.
Let the cooker's pressure release naturally for 10 minutes before performing a quick release to release any remaining pressure.
Remove from cooker and let rest 5 minutes before pulling apart and carving. Serve drizzled with juices from the cooker.
Be sure to save the bones and any left over juices to make bone broth in your Instant Pot!
You'll also love
- Outback Steakhouse Macaroni &... 3.9/5 (215 Votes)
- Gumbo Fried Rice 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Spicy Buffalo Chicken and Potato... 4.4/5 (76 Votes)
- Stupid Easy Slow Cooker Chicken... 4.2/5 (121 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup 4.6/5 (60 Votes)
- Pork Chops & Rice in an Instant... 3.7/5 (212 Votes)
- Easy Roast Chicken 4.6/5 (44 Votes)