Baked French Toast Muffins
No need to rise at the crack of dawn! You can do all the prep work for these individual baked French toast cups up to a day ahead. Serve with butter and syrup, or top with fresh berries.
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf French bread, cut or torn into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- Butter and maple syrup, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 205mins
Adapted from twopeasandtheirpod.com
In a medium bowl, mix together the milk, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
Grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Add about 1 cup of bread cubes to each muffin cup.
Carefully pour egg and milk mixture evenly over each muffin cup. You may need to press down on the bread cubes after you pour a little mixture and then pour more.
Cover the muffins with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to overnight.
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small bowl, combine butter, brown sugar, flour, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your hands, until you have a crumbly mixture.
Remove the muffins from the refrigerator and sprinkle the muffins evenly with the streusel topping mixture.
Bake 25 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Let muffins cool for 5 minutes. Remove from pan and serve with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
You'll also love
- Corn Bread Casserole 4.5/5 (94 Votes)
- Family Favorite Baked Beans 4.5/5 (90 Votes)
- Banana Pudding Bark 4.5/5 (93 Votes)
- Snowballs 4.5/5 (86 Votes)
- Pancake Bites 4.6/5 (68 Votes)
- Party Fun Ice Cube 4.6/5 (43 Votes)
- Easy Mushroom-Bacon Cheeseburgers 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Momofuku Carrot Layer Cake 4.5/5 (36 Votes)