Paleo Apple Pecan Brussels Sprouts
Brussel sprouts are delicious by themselves, but adding a bit of bacon, some apple sweetness and a little crunch from pecans makes this a side dish you'll make again!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, finely chopped
- 1 medium apple, peeled and diced
- 2 to 3 slices of bacon, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from paleomagazine.com
Toss the bacon pieces into a large frying pan and let it cook. Add additional oil into the pan to measure about 1 tablespoon total.
Stir in the Brussels sprouts and saute for about 5 minutes. Add the apple pieces, and saute until heated through. Add in the pecans, and continue cooking until the Brussels sprouts are prepared to your preference. Salt to taste.
You'll also love
- Buttermilk Waffles for Two 4.4/5 (20 Votes)
- Hcg P2 Strawberry Sorbet Dessert 4.2/5 (9 Votes)
- Shrimp Summer Rolls with... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Paleo Chicken & Mango Curry 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- SPINACH, WHITE BEAN, AVOCADO &... 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Picante Potato Pie Recipe 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Green Apple-Caramel Soda Float 4.5/5 (8 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Cheesecake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)