Winter Slaw with Kale & Cabbage
This healthy winter slaw with cabbage & kale is easy to prepare, tastes amazing and is packed with good for you nutrients.
- 4 cups shredded kale, stems removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups savoy cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup shredded carrot (about 2 medium carrots)
- 3/4 cup Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, packed and finely snipped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 sliced green onion
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh tarragon or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup pepitas, toasted
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from bhg.com
In an extra-large bowl combine the kale, salt, and olive oil. Using your hands, rub the kale to help soften it and brighten its color. Rinse the kale in a colander under cool running water; drain well and return to the bowl. Add the savoy cabbage, purple cabbage, and carrots; toss to combine. Set slaw aside.
For the dressing, in a food processor or blender combine the parsley, mayonnaise, sour cream, green onion, vinegar, tarragon, sugar, and garlic. Cover and process or blend to combine.
Add the dressing to the vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle pepitas over the salad.
You'll also love
- Mammo-Grahams 4.2/5 (39 Votes)
- Caramel Apple Pie Cocktail 4.1/5 (33 Votes)
- Healthy & Fun Halloween Snacks 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Jerk Cornish Hen 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ham, Green Beans &... 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Creamy Fruit Cocktail Salad 4.3/5 (26 Votes)
- Chicken Rollatini with Spinach... 4.1/5 (23 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Jello Salad 4.2/5 (33 Votes)