Jerk Cornish Hen
A 24-hour marinade is the secret to this flavorful, juicy entree. The combination of vegetables, herbs and spices makes it uncommonly good.
Rate this recipe 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. hot pepper sauce
- 3/4 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. jerk seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- Pinch of grated nutmeg
- 6 Cornish hens, split in center
In a medium bowl combine all ingredients except Cornish hens; mix well. Rub mixture into each hen; pour any remaining mixture over hens. Cover; refrigerate. Let hens marinate for 24 hours.
Remove hens from marinade; pat dry. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place hens in roasting pan. Roast until internal temperature is 160 degrees.
Tip: Hens can also be grilled over low coals on a charcoal grill.
You'll also love
- Crock Pot Ham, Green Beans &... 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- FOUR CHEESE CHICKEN PASTA BAKE 4.3/5 (20 Votes)
- Garlic Herb Spaghetti Squash 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Turkey Burgers with Avocado Sauce 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- SAUSAGE POTATO EGG BAKE 4.3/5 (19 Votes)
- Perfect Cornbread 4.6/5 (7 Votes)
- Elote (Mexican Corn) 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Venison Roast 4.8/5 (4 Votes)
Review this recipe