Turkey and Cornbread Stuffing with Sun-dried Tomatoes
A beautiful Thanksgiving turkey stuffed with traditional cornbread stuffing, jazzed up with sun-dried tomatoes for a delicious centerpiece.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups Swanson Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness or Certified Organic)
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds (optional)
- 5 cups Pepperidge Farm Cornbread Stuffing
- 1 (12 to 14-pound) turkey
- Vegetable oil
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 250mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
Heat the butter in a 4-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Stir the broth, poultry seasoning and tomatoes in the saucepan and heat to a boil. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the almonds, if desired. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
Remove the package of giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry. Spoon the stuffing mixture lightly into the neck and body cavities. Fold the loose skin over the stuffing mixture. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush the turkey with the oil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone.
Roast at 325°F. for 3 1/2 hours or until the thermometer reads 165°F., basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Begin checking for doneness after 3 hours of the roasting time. Let the turkey stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
You'll also love
- Stuffed Turkey Breast with... 4.5/5 (75 Votes)
- Banana Bread - from Marie... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Spiced Apple Tart 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Chinese Roast Pork 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Watermelon Fruit Salad featuring... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Rhubarb Cobbler 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Easter Carrot Cake 4.2/5 (11 Votes)
- Pork Roast 4.5/5 (10 Votes)