Chinese Roast Pork
- 1 lb pork belly 6 cloves garlic 1 teaspoon five spice powder 1 cup salt - See more at: http://www.kusinamaster.net/2014/05/chinese-roast-pork.html#sthash.i8cKmKoH.dpuf
Preheat the oven to 350F/180c, arrange a pan on the bottom 1/3 of oven rack and fill with water. The pork belly should be roasted using the rack above it.
2. Wash and use paper towels to dry the pork belly.
3. Make some horizontal slits on the sides of the belly, then insert each garlic and push them deep in so they don’t burn.
4. Rub the meat side with the five spice powder.
5. Then layer the top of the pork belly with the salt evenly.
6. Place the pork belly on a wire rack, and place at the top 1/3 of the oven for 1 hour. While baking, the oil will drip to the bottom pan with water.
7. Bake until the salt crust forms, the salt should be hardened. Check water in the pan below and add if needed.
8. Remove the pork belly from the oven, pull off the salt crust and discard.
9. Raise the heat of oven to 465f/240c, place the pork belly back in and roast for another 40 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and let set for 10 minutes. Cut and serve immediately with some chili sauce and hoisin sauce, or eat as is. - See more at: http://www.kusinamaster.net/2014/05/chinese-roast-pork.html#sthash.i8cKmKoH.dpuf