Rhubarb is making a comeback, from the pages of grandmothers' recipe books! Try this cobbler—it's a welcome change of pace.
- 1 pound fresh rhubarb, chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup milk
- Freshly whipped cream or vanilla ice cream
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from bettycrocker.com
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
In large bowl, mix rhubarb, brown sugar, vanilla and lemon juice. Pour mixture into baking dish.
In small bowl, stir together Bisquick mix, butter and milk with fork just until combined. Using hands, break dough into small pieces and sprinkle evenly over rhubarb mixture.
Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly.
To serve, scoop warm cobbler into bowls; top with whipped cream.
You'll also love
- Cantaloupe and Pineapple Jello... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Easter Carrot Cake 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Stacks 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Canadian Cauliflower Cheddar Cups 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Cinnamon-Rhubarb Muffins 3.6/5 (107 Votes)
- Lattice-Topped Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Apple Cobbler Cheesecake 4.4/5 (20 Votes)