Stuffed Turkey Breast with Pancetta, Sage Pesto, Cranberry Glaze & Sweet Potato Purée
Try this recipe for a creative twist to the traditional Thanksgiving turkey meal! Pancetta, sage pesto and cranberry glaze make it over the top!
- 4 turkey breasts
- 2 cups sage
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoon panko
- 4 slices pancetta
- 2 large sweet potatoes, diced into 2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/4 cup cranberries
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 170mins
Sweet potato puree:
Bring a pot of water to boil. Boil the sweet potatoes for 15 to 20 minutes.
Strain the sweet potatoes, mix with butter, milk, salt and pepper.
Mash the sweet potatoes.
Simmer the cranberries in a small sauce pan under low heat for 10 to 15 minutes.
Marinate the turkey breasts with balsamic vinegar, tamari, olive oil, ground cumin and ground fennel seeds at least 2 hours.
Remove the turkey from the marinade and put it between a large piece of plastic wrap. Pound the turkey breast into thin slices.
Put sage, toasted pine nuts, shredded Parmesan, garlic, salt and pepper in a small food processor. Slowly drizzle olive oil into the food processor until the sage pesto becomes pasty
Spread the sage pesto on turkey breasts. Put a slice of pancetta on each turkey breast. Roll up the turkey breasts and tie with kitchen twine. Roll the tied up turkey breasts in a bed of panko.
Heat the oven to 380°F.
Sear the turkey breasts in a cast iron pan, 1 minutes each side for all 4 sides.
Bake the turkey under the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove it from the oven and let the turkey rest for 5 to 10 minutes.
Slice the turkey and place on top of the sweet potato. Drizzle with reduced boiled cranberries and serve.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Chicken Bacon Ranch Tater... 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Bark 4.5/5 (81 Votes)
- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (79 Votes)
- Japanese Hot Cake 3.9/5 (230 Votes)
- Fresh Strawberry Muffins 4.5/5 (78 Votes)
- Bacon Wrapped Smokies with Brown... 4.6/5 (73 Votes)
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad 4.6/5 (69 Votes)
- Zucchini & Corn Tortitas with... 4.5/5 (77 Votes)