Easter Carrot Cake
Make this classic favorite for a crowd and you might not have any leftovers to bring home. This Easter Carrot Cake will be a crowd pleaser.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup corn oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup raisins – chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips - chopped
- 1/4 cup milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut – toasted
- Peeps Marshmallow Candy for decorating
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from livingthegourmet.blogspot.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Using the shredding blade of a food processor shred the carrots and set aside.
Using a food processor combine the sugars, oil, milk, vanilla and the eggs. Stir in the carrots, raisings, chocolate chips and the flour.
Prepare two 8 inch baking pans with butter and flour and pour the batter evenly into the pans.
Bake 20 – 25 minutes or until the toothpick test comes out clean.
Let the cakes cool before gently removing from the pan.
For the Frosting:
In a small frying pan gently brown the coconut.
In a medium bowl, using and electric hand mixer, blend the cream cheese, butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and salt until creamy.
Place one cake on a cake plate or stand and frost the middle, top with the remaining cake and frost the entire cake.
Place the toasted coconut around the sides of the cake.
You'll also love
- Cherry Clafouti 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookie Stacks 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Canadian Cauliflower Cheddar Cups 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Andouille Breakfast Potatoes 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Life-Changing Vegan Thumbprint... 4.5/5 (11 Votes)
- Glazed Pork Roast with Carrots,... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Apricot Glazed Carrots 4.5/5 (10 Votes)
- Southern Italian Cream Cake 4.5/5 (13 Votes)