Texas Sheetcake aka The Pioneer Woman's Best Ever Chocolate Sheet Cake
There are no words to describe how ultimately sinful and delicious this cake is to eat. Best of all, you don't have to grease or use parchment paper, and you don't need a stand mixer. The cake is moist, and the frosting is very rich and fudgy. Don't EVEN try to make it lighter in calories. Just enjoy it.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks butter
- 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3/4 sticks butter
- 1/2 cup pecans finely chopped, optional
- 6 tablespoons milk
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pound minus 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from foodiewife-kitchen.blogspot.com
Combine the flour, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl.
In a saucepan, melt the butter and 4 heaping tablespoons cocoa. Stir together.
Add 1 cup boiling water, allow mixture to boil for 30 seconds, then turn off heat. Pour over flour mixture, and stir lightly to cool.
In measuring cup, combine the buttermilk, beaten eggs, baking soda and vanilla.
Stir the buttermilk mixture into butter/chocolate mixture.
Pour into sheet cake pan and bake at 350°F for 18 to 20 minutes.
While the cake is baking, melt the butter, then stir in cocoa powder, milk, vanilla, powdered sugar and pecans (if using).
Pour over warm cake.
You'll also love
- Man-Pleasing Chicken 4.3/5 (255 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 3.9/5 (458 Votes)
- Peanut Butter & Oatmeal Dream Bars... 4.5/5 (214 Votes)
- Brown Sugar Caramel Pound Cake 4/5 (295 Votes)
- Apple Crisp Cheesecake 4.2/5 (233 Votes)
- Oreo Dirt Cake 4.1/5 (214 Votes)
- Best Chocolate Cake 4.4/5 (139 Votes)
- CHOCOLATE SHEET CAKE 4.5/5 (29 Votes)