Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta
Creamy shrimp and mushroom pasta in a delicious homemade alfredo sauce. This creamy alfredo sauce has all the flavors you want and need.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 10 big or 20 small shrimp without shells and de-veined, fresh or frozen
- 3 garlic cloves
- Dried basil
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 ounces mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup half and half
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Cooked pasta water
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
Heat a large skillet until hot - add olive oil and immediately add garlic and shrimp. Cook on one side for about 1 minute until pink, on medium-high heat.
Flip the shrimp to the other side, sprinkle the top of cooked side of shrimp with dry basil, paprika and salt, cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, occasionally stirring until shrimp is pink on both sides. Remove the shrimp from skillet.
To the same skillet, add sliced mushrooms. Add more olive oil if necessary. Cook on high heat for about 2 minutes, occasionally stirring, until mushrooms become soft and release juices. Salt midway through cooking. To the skillet with mushrooms, add cooked shrimp. Immediately add 1 cup half and half and all of the cheese.
Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer and cook, constantly stirring, until all cheese melts. Cover with lid and remove from heat.
Cook pasta. Reserve the pasta water when draining. Add pasta to the skillet with shrimp and mushrooms and cream sauce.
Stir well, season with more salt, more crushed red pepper flakes and basil, if desired. Add pasta water to loosen the mixture to desired consistency.
You'll also love
- Crockpot Apple Pie Breakfast 4.3/5 (281 Votes)
- Panera Tomato Basil Bread 3.8/5 (390 Votes)
- Award Winning Maryland Cream of... 3.7/5 (1179 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.1/5 (297 Votes)
- Beef Stroganoff without Mushrooms 3.9/5 (355 Votes)
- Lobster Ravioli with Shrimp Cream... 3.8/5 (311 Votes)
- Cajun Shrimp & Sausage Pasta 4.1/5 (263 Votes)
- Chicken, Spinach and Mushroom... 3.7/5 (421 Votes)