Cheesy Creamed Spinach Casserole
This cheesy spinach casserole is the perfect side to compliment any meal. Filled with the rich flavors of asiago cheese, cheddar cheese, cream cheese, and zesty spices, this recipe is sure to be a hit on your dinner table tonight.
- 1 medium sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 (8-ounce) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, squeeze to remove as much water as possible.
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, fresh grated
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1 cup Asiago cheese, shredded, divided
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from syrupandbiscuits.com
Sauté onion in oil until tender. Set aside to cool.
Mix half and half and cream cheese with a mixer until creamy. Add spinach, cayenne pepper, nutmeg, kosher salt, 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Asiago cheese and sautéed onions. Mix well.
Pour into a 9-inch buttered casserole dish. Mix together remaining cheese and spread over casserole.
Bake at 350°F for 45 minutes or until casserole is bubbling and top browns.
You'll also love
- Bite Size Pumpkin Funnel Cake... 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Bang Bang Shrimp (Bonefish) 4.5/5 (46 Votes)
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Strawberry Margarita Jello Shots 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Great Grandma’s Pasta Sauce 4.4/5 (53 Votes)
- Best Bread Pudding 4.4/5 (54 Votes)
- Holly Fudge 4.5/5 (45 Votes)
- 7-Layer Salad 4.5/5 (44 Votes)