Bruschetta with Tofu, Tarragon and Arugula
This bruschetta is vegan, with a base of creamy vegan mascarpone cheese, mixed with arugula and fresh tomatoes. A perfect appetizer any time of year.
- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta bread, trimmed and cut into 14 (1/2-inch thick) slices
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 package drained and pressed tofu, diced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup veggie stock
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 packed cup arugula, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegan mascarpone cheese
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 25mins
For the toasts: Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Arrange the bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Bake until light golden, about 10 minutes. Cool for 2 minutes. Rub the warm toasts with the cut side of the garlic. Set aside.
For the topping: In a medium skillet, heat 3 tablespoons of oil over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 2 minutes.
In the same skillet, add the tomatoes and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Cook over medium-high heat until the tomatoes start to soften, about 4 minutes. Turn the heat to high. Add the wine and scrape up the brown bits that cling to the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the stock and cook until most of the liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add the tarragon, arugula, vegan mascarpone cheese, and chopped tofu. Stir until the mixture is creamy. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the toasts on serving plates and drizzle with the sauce. Sprinkle with salt and pepper before serving.
You'll also love
- Cinnamon Toast, the Pioneer Woman... 4.4/5 (488 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Barley Risotto 4.7/5 (30 Votes)
- Sicilian Bruschetta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Smashed Avocado & Tomato Basil... 4.4/5 (42 Votes)
- No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles 4.7/5 (18 Votes)
- Lemon, Orange or Spice Cookies 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Herb Butter-And-Myikos Cheese... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Rosemary Garlic Baby Back Ribs 0/5 (0 Votes)