No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles
From The Seitanic Chef
Here is a recipe that is perfect for the season. No Bake Bourbon Pecan Truffles are reminiscent of pecan pie, yet super easy with no fussy crusts or baking involved. And they contain one of my favorite ingredients ever- bourbon! Rum or brandy will do as well in a pinch.
When served elegantly, no one will ever think you whipped these bad boys up in just a matter of minutes (minus freezing time)!
- 2 1/2 cups roasted chopped pecans
- 1 cup crushed vegan graham crackers
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon (plus more for sipping)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fancy toothpicks
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 200mins
Adapted from facebook.com
Combine the chopped pecans, crushed graham crackers, brown sugar, and salt in a mixing bowl.. Add the maple syrup, bourbon, and vanilla extract and use your hands to work all the ingredients until thoroughly combined.
Form balls by scooping a heaping tablespoon size amount of mixture and rolling in the palms of your hands to form balls. Place these on a cookie sheet lined with wax paper, parchment, or on a Silpat (what I use). Insert a toothpick into each one.
Place in your freezer for about 2 hours, or until set. Remove them about 30 minutes prior to serving. They are delicious even when served still frozen! You can also dip them in melted chocolate fondue style! Let your imagination run.
You'll also love
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dump Cake 4/5 (81 Votes)
- Smoked Sausage & Spaghetti Skillet 4.6/5 (22 Votes)
- Fresh Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (20 Votes)
- Apple Cake with Vanilla Sauce 4.2/5 (57 Votes)
- Pesto Deviled Eggs 4.8/5 (9 Votes)
- Divinity 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Vanilla Tapioca Pudding 4.7/5 (14 Votes)
- Chocolate Champagne Truffles 4.3/5 (45 Votes)