The Best Vegan Carrot Cake Recipe Ever
The coconut is subtle, while the golden raisins juicy and walnuts provide the perfect crunch. Bake this today, whether it's a special occasion or not. This cake alone is reason to celebrate.
- 2 cups all purpose white flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 cups carrots, shredded
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 60mins
Preheat oven to 350°F and grease a 9x9 inch square pan with oil.
Mix together the flour, sugars, salt, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon until thoroughly combined. Add the shredded carrots and the oil to the dry ingredients and mix well with a spoon (not a hand mixer!).
Add the orange juice and mix again, then fold in the nuts, raisins and coconut.
Put the batter into pan.
Bake for 45 minutes or until knife/toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center.
You'll also love
- Gluten Free, Grain Free Cheesy... 4.5/5 (84 Votes)
- Classic Southern Caramel Cake 4.2/5 (120 Votes)
- Best Light & Fluffy Dinner Rolls 3.9/5 (230 Votes)
- Wick's Sugar Cream Pie 3.9/5 (204 Votes)
- Baked Parmesan Tilapia 4.4/5 (84 Votes)
- Grilled Avocados 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Ho Ho Cake 4.3/5 (100 Votes)