Grilled Zucchini with Yummy Lemon Salt
Make your own lemon salt to add fresh flavor to to grilled zucchini. Enjoy!
- 6 whole zucchini, medium sized
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 whole lemons, zested
- Extra olive oil if needed for brushing
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 50mins
Adapted from thepioneerwoman.com
Cut off the tops and bottoms of the zucchini and slice them into quarters, lengthwise. Place them in a very large (or two regular sized) plastic zipper bag. Drizzle in 1/4 cup olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, pepper, 1 tablespoon lemon zest and the juice of two lemons. Seal the bag(s) and smush them around a bit so that the zucchini is coated. Set aside for 15 to 20 minutes to marinate.
Prepare indoor or outdoor grill to medium to medium-low heat. Grill the zucchini on all three sides until nice and tender, being careful not to burn them. Remove the zucchini to a plate as it gets done.
Pile up the rest of the lemon zest and sprinkle 1 tablespoon kosher salt on top. Use a knife to chop the salt and zest together until it becomes...well, lemon salt! Add more salt if it needs it. Sprinkle the lemon salt over the plate of grilled zucchini and serve.
You'll also love
- 3 Ingredient Apple Crisp Cookies 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Italian rosemary olive oil crock... 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin, Caramel & Pecan Cheesecake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bars 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cherry Tomato Firecrackers 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Cocoa-Nut Upside-Down Cake 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Pistachio Cranberry Cookies 4.5/5 (19 Votes)
- Ravioli with Summer Squash 4.5/5 (19 Votes)