The Best Mashed Potatoes
Cheese and chives give these mashed potatoes that extra special taste! Serve these up for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, well scrubbed and cut into quarters
- Kosher salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup smoked gouda, shredded
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 cup chives, thinly sliced
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Slip the potatoes into a large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat the butter and half-and-half in a small pot until the butter melts and the mixture is hot.
Once the potatoes are cooked, drain well in a colander and then return them to the pot. Turn the heat back on to low and stir the potatoes to "dry" them. Mash the potatoes until smooth and stir in the hot half-and-half and butter. Add the shredded cheese by the handful, stirring to melt, and season generously with salt and pepper. Stir in the chives. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Freezing Apples for Winter Use 4.6/5 (75 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Bacon Chicken 4.5/5 (85 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Potato Casserole 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- One-Bowl Apple Cake 4.2/5 (158 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Bars 4.6/5 (77 Votes)
- Corn Nuggets 4/5 (185 Votes)
- Famous KFC Coleslaw Recipe 4.5/5 (82 Votes)
- Bacon Cheese Potatoes (Slow Cooked) 4.6/5 (76 Votes)