Shrimp Pasta with Tomatoes, Lemon and Spinach
- 1/2 pound extra large shrimp, thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp lemon zest, divided
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, leaves removed and chopped
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, leaves removed and chopped
- 2 basil leaves, torn
- 2 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice (or more!)
- 1/2 pound angel hair pasta
- coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
On a plate, toss the shrimp with the crushed red pepper, half the lemon zest, chopped herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper. Let it sit while you start the rest.
Heat the oil in a medium skillet over medium-high. Add the garlic and bloom 30 seconds. Add the tomatoes along the remaining lemon zest. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper and saute for 2 minutes.
Add the shrimp in a single layer and sear on one side for 2 minutes. Flip and sear another minute, or until shrimp is cooked through. Keep tossing the tomatoes just a little bit.
In the meantime, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the angel hair until al dente, maybe 5 minutes. Drain all but about 1/2 cup of the pasta water and toss with the shrimp and tomato mixture, along with the spinach. Squeeze a lot of lemon juice right in. Season with coarse salt and pepper. Add as much pasta water as you want to create a thin, glorious sauce.
Serve it with more lemon juice, crusty bread and for heaven’s sake, fresh parmesan cheese.
*out of control
You'll also love
- Ground Beef Stroganoff 4.4/5 (91 Votes)
- IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.4/5 (91 Votes)
- Chicken Broccoli Rice & Cheese... 4.4/5 (91 Votes)
- Caramel Banana Cake Roll 4.4/5 (97 Votes)
- Rhubarb Dump Cake 4/5 (188 Votes)
- Crawfish Etouffee 4.3/5 (123 Votes)
- Gluten Free Coconut Flour Orange... 4.2/5 (119 Votes)
- Creamy Slow Cooker Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (79 Votes)