Deluxe Mashed Potatoes
Who doesn't love mashed potatoes? They're better than ever when they're baked with onion, herbs, and a crisp topping.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted margarine, divided.
- 1/2 small yellow onion, chopped (about 1/2-cup)
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups cooked mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 15mins
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a small skillet, melt 1 tablespoon margarine over medium heat. Add onion, saute until soft, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
Stir sour cream, thyme, nutmeg, pepper, and salt into skillet. Mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine mashed potatoes with onion mixture. Mix well. Spoon into a 1-quart casserole dish; smooth top.
Sprinkle bread crumbs over potato mixture and dot with remaining margarine.
Bake potato casserole until heated through and top is golden, about 15 to 20 minutes. Serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Ground Beef Casserole 4.4/5 (38 Votes)
- Baked Salmon with Parmesan Herb... 4.3/5 (43 Votes)
- Tri-Layered Vegetable Kugel 4.3/5 (12 Votes)
- Grapefruit Marmalade no pectin 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Lamb Meatballs with spiced tomato... 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- Halloween Acorn Squash Soup 4.9/5 (8 Votes)
- People-Pleasing Cinnamon Rolls 4.5/5 (38 Votes)
- Risotto Milanese 4.4/5 (46 Votes)