Amish Macaroni Salad
A summer staple that's so good, it should be made year round, not just for barbecues -This sweet and tangy, super creamy macaroni salad is sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- The Absolute BEST Crockpot Beef... 4.2/5 (124 Votes)
- IMPOSSIBLE COCONUT CUSTARD PIE 4.3/5 (95 Votes)
- Skinny Shake 4.3/5 (107 Votes)
- Buffalo Chicken Cups 4.4/5 (96 Votes)
- Crock Pot Chicken Stroganoff -... 4.2/5 (120 Votes)
- Jello Shot Cake 4.2/5 (123 Votes)
- Pancake Bites 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- No-Knead Crusty Artisan Bread 4.3/5 (104 Votes)