Amish Macaroni Salad
A summer staple that's so good, it should be made year round, not just for barbecues -This sweet and tangy, super creamy macaroni salad is sure to be a hit at your next get-together.
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill pickle relish
- 2 cups creamy salad dressing (e.g. Miracle Whip)
- 3 tablespoons prepared yellow mustard
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon celery seed
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 80mins
Bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, until tender. Drain, and set aside to cool.
In a large bowl, stir together the eggs, onion, celery, red pepper, and relish. In a small bowl, stir together the salad dressing, mustard, white sugar, vinegar, salt and celery seed. Pour over the vegetables, and stir in macaroni until well blended.
Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
You'll also love
- Beer & Pretzel Caramels 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls 4.4/5 (85 Votes)
- Broccoli Cheddar Baked Potato 4.5/5 (73 Votes)
- APPLE CIDER MOLASSES HONEY CURE... 4.6/5 (70 Votes)
- Upside Down Gingerbread Man... 4.5/5 (76 Votes)
- Charleston Cheese Dip 4.5/5 (77 Votes)
- Christmas Vanilla Roll Cake 4.2/5 (104 Votes)
- Newborn Babies Deviled Eggs (Baby... 3.8/5 (188 Votes)