Crab, Bacon and Spinach Quiche
- 1 prepared pie crust (I use Pillsbury)
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 egg
- 1 small container ( 8oz) of crab meat (make sure the shells have been picked out, I used the claw meat - less expensive and just as good)
- 1 10 oz package of frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 slices of chopped bacon, uncooked (this will be cooked with the spinach)
- 1 TB Old Bay seasoning
- 1 / 2 cup of Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Dash of salt and pepper
Preparation time 40mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from weebly.com
Preheat oven to 400
With a knife, make small slits in thawed pie crust and bake for about 5-7 minutes or until just lightly browned. You don't want to pre-bake it too much since it will be going back into the oven after all of the ingredients have been placed into the pie shell.
In a small to medium sized skillet on medium heat, begin to cook the chopped bacon and add the spinach about 2-3 minutes into cooking the bacon. Continue cooking until the bacon is cooked through and crispy and the spinach has wilted slightly. Place the spinach and bacon mixture onto the bottom of the pre-baked pie shell.
Make sure your crab meat has been picked over for shells and place on top of the spinach and bacon mixture.
Prepare your milk and egg base by combining the milk, egg, and Old Bay. Add a dash of salt and pepper for taste. Pour the egg and milk mixture over the crab and spinach.
Top with Monterrey Jack cheese and bake at 400 for 20-25 minutes, or until the milk and egg mixture is set and no longer jiggles like jello.
You'll also love
- Lemonade Faux-jito Pitcher 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Lemony Kale and Radish Saute 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Blood-Red Hot Chocolate &... 4.7/5 (19 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Italian Sausage Soup 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Strawberry Banana Bread 4.5/5 (31 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (28 Votes)
- Chicken Marsala for Two 4.6/5 (28 Votes)