Buffalo Chicken Mac & Cheese with Bacon
- 8 oz Farfalle (bow tie) prepared according to package directions
- 1/2 lb bacon, diced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 cup leftover chicken, diced
- 3 Tbs butter
- 3 Tbs flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Franks Red Hot
- 1 cup (generous) shredded cheddar + additional for sprinkling
- 1/3 crumbled Blue cheese + additional for sprinkling
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Preheat over to 350. Generously butter a casserole dish (9x13 is too big, so something a bit smaller).
1. In a large and deep skillet, saute the bacon until nice and crisp. Remove with slotted spoon to drain on a paper towel. Pour off the drippings, reserving 1 tablespoon.
2. In the reserved drippings over medium heat, saute the diced onion until caramelized - about 10 minutes.
3. Add the butter to the skillet and stir until melted. Sprinkle in the flour and using a whisk, stir around for several minutes.
4. Slowly pour in the milk, whisking constantly. Continue to stir over medium heat until thickened.
5. Add the hot sauce and stir to combine. Add the cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is melted. Add the blue cheese.
6. Add the pasta to the skillet and stir until the pasta is evenly coated with the cheese sauce. Stir in the chicken and reserved bacon.
7. Pour into the prepared casserole and sprinkle with the reserved cheddar and blue cheese. Bake until bubbly, ~25-30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chicken with Oregano & Mushrooms 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Kelly's Baked Beans with Bacon &... 4.3/5 (41 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken Enchiladas 4.4/5 (41 Votes)
- Chicken Alfredo Shells 4.5/5 (34 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Pasta 4.6/5 (24 Votes)
- Kung Pao Chicken Tacos 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken Wings 4.4/5 (40 Votes)
- Sticky Orange Chicken 4.7/5 (19 Votes)