Crockpot Country Chicken
This Crockpot Country Chicken recipe is full of the tastes of home cooking. You can start it early and keep it warm until dinner time.
- 4 carrots, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 to 8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, quartered
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 (10 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/3 cup cooking sherry or white wine
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Place carrots, celery, and onion in bottom of crockpot.
Arrange chicken breast pieces over vegetables and sprinkle with tarragon, thyme, and salt & pepper.
Spoon cream of chicken soup over chicken and sprinkle with dry onion soup mix.
Cover, cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, stirring once during cooking.
Blend cooking sherry or wine with cornstarch, whisking in a small bowl until smooth. Stir into the crockpot. Cook, uncovered, for about 15 minutes—or until sauce thickens.
Serve over rice or pasta or egg noodles.