Best Ever White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
Best Ever White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are the salty-sweet treat that you have been looking for. A simple recipe that comes together quickly will have you making these family favorite cookies all year long.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening (I used Crisco)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups dry roasted macadamia nuts
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate chips
Adapted from theslowroasteditalian.com
Preheat oven 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or electric mixer), combine butter, shortening and sugar. Beat on medium until light and fluffy (about 3 minutes). Add eggs, extracts and mix until combined.
With mixer on low, sprinkle the flour, baking soda and salt into the bowl. Mix until just combined (do not over mix). Add macadamia nuts and chips. Mix until well combined.
Using a 1 tablespoon scooper, drop onto cookie sheet (about 2 inches apart).
Bake 9-11 minutes (until barely golden brown around the edges) and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
Serve and enjoy.
COOK'S NOTES: You can use all butter, but you may want to chill the dough for about 30 minutes, or it will spread while baking.
You'll also love
- Mini Tuna Appetizer Cakes 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- The Ultimate 7-Layer Dip 4.7/5 (22 Votes)
- Pumpkin Praline Bars 4.7/5 (23 Votes)
- Lemon-Limoncello Cupcakes 4.3/5 (38 Votes)
- Strawberry Cookies with White... 4.5/5 (36 Votes)
- Peanut Butter Haystacks 4.5/5 (37 Votes)
- Pistachio Kiss Cookies 4.6/5 (30 Votes)
- Butter Pecan Cookies 4.6/5 (26 Votes)