Spinach and mushrooms are the star players in this delicious quiche. Recipe calls for a simple homemade buttery crust but feel free to use a pre-prepped store bought crust to make it even easier.
- PIE DOUGH:
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/4 cup cheese (Monterey/Colby Blend)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon Rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 6 to 7 medium-sized mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cups spinach, washed, drained, and chopped
- 1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 4 to 5 tablespoons cold water
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 40mins
Adapted from chefjoshuaalan.com
In a clean bowl, crack and add your eggs.
Mix the three ingredients.
Add salt, pepper, thyme, and rosemary. Mix well.
Over medium-high heat, place a large pan and add olive oil.
Once hot, add onions.
Once onions turn a bit translucent, add mushrooms.
Once mushrooms start to darken in color, add spinach.
Let spinach cook down, then remove from heat and cool.
Once cool, add spinach-mushroom mixture to the bowl with the egg mixture.
Mix until combined.
Remove pie dough from fridge and place on well-floured surface.
Roll dough out and place in quiche/flan tin.
Trim dough extras and place quiche filling to pan.
Cook at 350°F for 25-30 minutes, or until filling has set and top has slightly browned.
Cool slightly, and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars 4.5/5 (29 Votes)
- Orzo with Peas 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Chicken Cordon Bleu 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Lemon Icebox Pie 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Shrimp Kabobs with... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)
- Mexican Crock Pot Chicken with... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Chocolate-Peanut Butter Ice Cream... 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Peppered Pork Tenderloin with... 4.8/5 (8 Votes)