Creamy Chicken, Spinach & Mushroom Tortellini Soup
Need to warm up? Try this deliciously creamy and hearty soup with chicken, spinach, mushrooms and tortellini stuffed with cheese. Stay warm and enjoy!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/3 cups yellow onion, chopped
- 1 1/3 cups carrots, diced
- 6 to 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 pound chicken breasts, boneless, skinless, pounded evenly to about 1/2-inch thickness
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, sliced into 1 tablespoon pieces
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 9 ounces refrigerated three cheese tortellini
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Parmesan cheese, finely shredded for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrots and mushrooms and saute 3 minutes then add garlic and saute 1 minute longer. Add in chicken broth, chicken, oregano and thyme and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot with lid and allow to simmer 10 to 15 minutes until chicken is cooked through (it should register 165°F in center on an instant read thermometer).
While chicken is cooking, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, whisking constantly 1 minute. While whisking vigorously slowly pour in milk. Season with salt and pepper and bring mixture just to a light boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and set aside.
Remove cooked chicken from soup and transfer to a cutting board, let rest 5 minutes then cut into pieces. Meanwhile, add tortellini to soup in pot, cover pot with lid and allow to boil over medium heat about 7 minutes (or time directed on package) adding in spinach during last 1 minute. Stir in chicken, white sauce and cream. Serve warm with parmesan cheese.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Peach Butter 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Loaded Cauliflower (low carb, keto) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Pan 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Chocolate Truffle Pie with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Spiced Pineapple Cocktail 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Too Easy Cherry Cobbler 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Da’ Bes’ Hawaiian Local-Style... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Lemon Garlic Chicken with Goat... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)