Chicken Rice Soup
This wholesome Chicken Rice Soup recipe is exactly what you crave on a cool autumn day. The soup gets a deep flavor from roasted chicken and turmeric.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves only
- Pinch turmeric
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- Fresh parsley, minced, for serving
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 70mins
Adapted from foodnetwork.com
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and sprinkle with the ground thyme and some salt and pepper. Put the chicken in a roasting pan and roast until cooked through, about 20 minutes. Set aside.
In a pot over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the celery, carrots, onions and bell peppers for 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with the fresh thyme and turmeric and cook for another 2 minutes. Pour in the chicken broth, cover, bring to a simmer and simmer 30 minutes.
Prepare the rice according to the package instructions; keep warm.
Shred or chop the chicken and add it to the pot with the soup. Simmer for another 15 minutes. Stir in the rice and minced parsley and serve.
You'll also love
- Shrimp Pad Thai 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Da’ Bes’ Hawaiian Local-Style... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Trisha's Chicken Broccoli Casserole 4/5 (32 Votes)
- Oven-Roasted Chicken Cacciatora 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Rustic Tuscan-Style Sausage, White... 4.4/5 (12 Votes)
- Rice Krispie Chicken Strips 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Loaded Chicken and Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- One Dish Rosemary Chicken and Rice... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)