5-Ingredient Peach Butter
So easy to make and it tastes amazing! Plus you can easily can it or freeze it for winter when you dream of fresh peaches and no snow.
- 4 pounds ripe peaches
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons ginger, powder
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 630mins
Adapted from tammileetips.com
Heat a large pot of water to boiling. Have a large bowl with ice water beside it.
Using a ladle slowly lower a few peaches into the boiling water gently.
Let boil/blanch for approximately 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove peaches and immediately immerse into the ice water and let them cool.
Continue this until all the peaches are cooling in the water.
Take peaches from the ice water and begin to remove the skins. They should just slide off easily. If not, the peaches were not ripe enough and a knife may be needed to peel off the skins.
Cut the peaches from the inside stone. No need to have perfect slices, just get off as much flesh from the pit as possible.
Transfer all the peaches to the slow cooker bowl. Add the honey, ginger, water, and lemon juice.
Cook peaches on high for 10 to 12 hours.
When the peaches are soft and mushy, puree them with an immersion blender, or simply mash them very well with a potato masher.
Continue to cook them until you have an applesauce consistency. If you find there’s too much liquid, leave the lid off for approximately 1/2 hour while it cooks to let some of it evaporate.
Remove from cooker and let cool.
You'll also love
- Loaded Cauliflower (low carb, keto) 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Mashed Potatoes in Muffin Pan 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Apricot Nectar Cake 4.4/5 (17 Votes)
- Texas Roadhouse Rolls with... 4.4/5 (18 Votes)
- Spiced Pineapple Cocktail 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Da’ Bes’ Hawaiian Local-Style... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Peaches and Cream French Toast 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Brown Sugar-Cinnamon Peach Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)