Too Easy Cherry Cobbler
Cherry pie filling, canned cherries, (or other fruit) white bread, and ingredients that you already have in your pantry make this delicious cobbler all too easy.
- 2(20-ounce) cans2 (20-ounce) cans cherry pie filling (or other fruit; see below)
- 1(15-ounce) can1 (15-ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries (or other fruit, see below) in heavy syrup, drained
- 1/4cup1/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2teaspoon1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 55 white bread slices
- 1 1/4cups1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/2cup1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1large1 large egg
- 1 1/2teaspoons1 1/2 teaspoons lemon rind, grated
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 55mins
Adapted from allfoodrecipes.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Stir together pie filling, cherries, and 2 tablespoons flour. Stir in almond extract. Place in a lightly greased 8-inch square baking dish.
Trim crusts from bread slices; cut each slice into 5 strips. Arrange bread strips over fruit mixture.
Stir together remaining 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, butter, egg and lemon rind; drizzle over bread strips.
Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
Too-Easy Peach Cobbler: Substitute 2 (16-ounce) packages frozen peaches, thawed and drained, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries. Omit almond extract and grated lemon rind. Proceed as directed.
Too-Easy Berry Cobbler: Substitute 1 (21-ounce) can blueberry pie filling and 2 (10-ounce) packages frozen whole strawberries, unhallowed, for cherry pie filling and canned cherries. Omit almond extract; add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and 1 teaspoon lemon juice. Proceed as directed.
You'll also love
- Candy Bar Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- White Christmas Fudge 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Shrimp Pad Thai 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Pressure Cooker Cheesy Beef and Mac 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Da’ Bes’ Hawaiian Local-Style... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Apple-Spice Bundt Cake with... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- A Pauper's Apple Pie 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Grilled Pineapple with Coconut... 4.4/5 (16 Votes)