Easy Crock Pot Chicken & Black Bean Taco Salad
Prepare the chicken in the slow cooker in the morning, and it will be ready for you to put dinner on the table in a matter of minutes when you get home. High in fiber and protein, a heathy supper.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, 16-ounce total
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup canned black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 6 cups chopped romaine or red leaf
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1/2 cup zesty avocado cilantro buttermilk dressing
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 240mins
Place the chicken in the slow cooker and season with taco seasoning and cumin. Pour the beans over the chicken and top with salsa.
Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours, or until the chicken is tender and easily shreds with 2 forks. Shred the chicken and combine with the beans and sauce, keep warm until ready to eat. Makes 3 1/2 cups.
To serve, place the chopped lettuce on a plate or in a bowl. Top with some of the chicken, shredded cheese and salad dressing.
You'll also love
- POTATO CHIP COATED OVEN FRIED... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Creamy Garlic Parmesan Mac and... 4.6/5 (20 Votes)
- Oven-Cooked Candied Bacon Recipe 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Kids Can Make Popovers with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Bacon and Onion Foil Packet... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Homemade Cracker Jack® Caramel... 4.6/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie with Bisquick... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)