Oven-Cooked Candied Bacon Recipe
Ever since I discovered how easy it is to bake bacon, I no longer dig out my frying pan. When you sprinkle brown sugar on top of the bacon, you have a balance of sweet and salty. Anytime I make this, for my family, there is never one piece left-- no matter how much I make. (Recipe adapted from Cook's Country)
- 1 pound bacon (recommended: thick-cut applewood bacon)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from afeastfortheeyes.net
Adjust oven rack to middle position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
Line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Arrange bacon on prepared sheet (slices can overlap slightly).
Sprinkle an even layer of brown sugar all over.
Bake until brown and crisp, 10 to 15 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. (Times may vary, depending on your oven. Mine takes about 20 minutes, as we like ours crispy.
Transfer bacon to paper towel–lined plate to drain. Serve.
NOTE: As the candied bacon begins to cool, it hardens. So be sure to remove the bacon as soon as it's drained, so it doesn't stick to the paper towel.
You'll also love
- Strawberry Shortcake Tiramisu 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Sweet Chili-Garlic Shrimp [asian] 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Slow-Cooker Buffalo Chicken... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Hearty Beef & Stout Stew 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Pot Pie with Bisquick... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Cuban Sandwiches with... 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Peach & Walnut Oatmeal Pancakes... 4.5/5 (21 Votes)
- Lemon Blueberry Drizzle Bread 4.4/5 (30 Votes)