Chicken Pot Pie with Bisquick Biscuits
A creamy rich sauce with tender chicken and flakey biscuits to top it off. For more recipes follow me at @chefmarymoran on Twitter.
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, rough-cut
- 1/2 small leak, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup baby carrots cut into circles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs of thyme
- 6 bouillon cubes
- 1/2 Stick of butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups Bisque Quick
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 65mins
In a large pot, heat the butter and oil.
Sauté the vegetables and season with salt and pepper. When they are aromatic and glossy remove from the pot.
Salt and pepper the chicken. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and sear the chicken for 8 to 10 minutes. Once the chicken is lightly browned, add the vegetables back to the pot as well as water, bouillon cubes, thyme and bay leaf. Bring the mixture to a boil and then simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Pour the chicken mixture into a deep baking dish and set aside until the bisquick mixture is ready.
Mix the bisquick and milk to create a very loose dough mixture. Add the parsley to the dough mixture and spoon over the top of the baking dish and chicken mixture.
Make an egg wash by mixing water and egg and brush over the top of the bisquick biscuits.
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 325 degrees.
Serve chicken pot pie in a large soup bowl and top with leftover parsley leaves for garnish.
You'll also love
- Grilled Hamburger Steaks with... 4.6/5 (18 Votes)
- Open-Face Pesto-Chicken Burgers 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Brunch Cake 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Baked Ranch Chicken 4.5/5 (17 Votes)
- Chicken Bacon Caesar Bubble-Up Bake 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Easy Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits 4.4/5 (25 Votes)
- Magic Chicken and Biscuit Casserole 4.3/5 (28 Votes)
- Salsa Chicken Fiesta 4.2/5 (29 Votes)
Review this recipe