Beef Stew with Dark Brown Gravy - Slow Cooker
Love this slow cooked Beef Stew with Dark Brown Gravy! Tastes awesome alone in a bowl or served over rice. Kick it up a notch by using a chuck eye steak instead of stew beef.
- 1 slow cooker liner (makes clean up fast)
- 1 pound beef stew meat
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 or 2 jars of beef gravy (I use Heinz Homestyle Savory Beef)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon Kitchen Bouquet
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic glaze
- 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water, if needed to get more liquid
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 375mins
Prepare the slow cooker, setup next to outlet, put liner in it etc.
Cut meat into 1/2 inch cubes (bite size) chuck eye steak it usually is about 1 inch thick, I cut it in half and then cut steak into smaller bite size pieces.
Put olive oil in 12 inch fry pan and brown meat on all sides.
While meat is browning, slice and dice the onion.
When meat is brown take meat out of the fry pan with tongs or slotted spoon leaving the oil in the fry pan and put into the slow cooker.
Next brown onion and garlic cloves in fry pan. When onions begins to brown and get soft dump into slow cooked.
Next add the remainder of the ingredients, stir to combine. Liquid should cover meat.
Cook 4 to 6 hours or until meat is tender per slow cooker instructions.
Serve over white rice, with green peas and lots of gravy.
You'll also love
- Individual Frozen Key Lime Pies 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Swiss Cheese & Spinach Stuffed... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- Coffee Roasted Almond + Toasted... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)
- "Chicken" Piccata w/ Gardein 4.2/5 (21 Votes)
- Mexican Roll Ups 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Skillet Italian Sausages with... 4.4/5 (14 Votes)
- Maple-Bourbon Basted Grilled Salmon 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Cream Cheese & Avocado Fried... 4.6/5 (12 Votes)