Blueberry Zucchini Cake w/ Lemon Buttercream
You probably don't think of zucchini when you think of cake, but this blueberry zucchini cake with lemon buttercream will change that.
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups white sugar
- 2 cups zucchini, finely shredded and drained
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest, about 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Adapted from iambaker.net
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare desired pan(s); 2 round or sheet cake.
Grate a large zucchini (or two small zucchini). Drain and squeeze until most of the liquid comes out, about 2 cups Set aside.
In a large bowl beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Fold in the zucchini.
Slowly add in the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
Gently fold in the blueberries. Divide batter evenly between prepared cake pans or sheet pan.
Bake 35-40 minutes (round) or 25 minutes (sheet pan) in the preheated oven, or until a knife inserted in the center of a cake comes out clean.
Cool completely and frost.
Combine butter, sugar and salt and beat till well combined.
Add lemon juice and vanilla and continue to beat for another 3 to 5 minute or until creamy.
Fold in zest.
You'll also love
- Southwestern Pork Tenderloin with... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Yellow Salad with Citrus-Date... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Celery Salad with Celery Root and... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Butternut Squash Rösti Cakes 4.2/5 (5 Votes)
- Roasted Cherry Tomato Triscuit Cups 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Zucchini and Tomatoe... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Blood Orange Cardamom Upside Down... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)
- Strawberry Risotto (Risotto alle... 4.3/5 (4 Votes)